Sludge, Muck & Odor Removal From Aquaculture & Fish Rearing Ponds
EnviroDEFENSE™ PurPond is designed for use in fish and prawn ponds, lakes and lagoons where organic odors and organic accumulations are a problem. Contains naturally occurring bacteria and enzymes which have been selected and produced for their ability to break down organic matter and reduce ammonia accumulations through a natural oxidative process. EnviroDEFENSE™ PurPond digests these organics naturally and safely. When added to any pond EnviroDEFENSE™ PurPond creates a chain reaction by producing greater and greater quantities of natural enzymes to keep pond water fresh and disease free.
- Helps Maintain Very High Survival Rates.
- Greatly Improves Water Quality.
- Helps Maintain A Disease Free Pond.
- Works In Fresh Or Saltwater.
- Safe For Fish & Beneficial Plants.
- Dissolves Uneaten Food & Waste Matter.
- Helps Reduce BOD.
- Increases Oxygen (DO).
- Helps Lower Ammonia, Nitrite And Ammonia.
In addition to 5 strains of bacteria (Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus polymyxa, Bacillus megaterium and Bacillus subtilis var. liquefaciens), EnviroDEFENSE™ PurPond contains the following enzymes for rapid degradation of waste:
- Protease: Digestion of Protein
- Amylase: Digestion of Starch
- Cellulase: Digestion of Cellulosic Particles
- Lipase: Digestion of Fats & Oils
Apply 1 lb. per acre foot of water for the initial application and 2 lbs. per acre foot every week thereafter to maintain water quality and remove harmful organic material. Average 8 week grow-out period.
Lake Management Application:
Apply 4 lbs. per acre every 2 weeks to maintain water clarity and remove odor.
With the aerators operating, apply EnviroDEFENSE™ PurPond around the aerators for quick dispersal. Conditions from pond to pond vary, but as a general rule EnviroDEFENSE™ PurPond should not be applied when the prawns or fish are not in good health or are being treated with medication.
For biology to work properly in the pond, certain water conditions must exist:
- pH of the water maintained between 5.5 & 9.5.
- Temperature of the water above 10°C (50°F).
- Dissolved oxygen levels must be above 3 ppm.
AVAILABLE SIZES: Bulk 25 lb. Pails & 25-1 lb. Water Soluble Bags Per Pail